Update Version 1.1

• May 27, 2015 at 6:00 am #343
    TrainerLITTLER
    Participant

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkH3Q4JeQ

So, that’s great news!

There’s a lot to look forward to, as you can tell.

But my concern; will we keep our Survival World, or will we have to delete it and restart for the update? Because I’ve spent a lot of time in Survival, and I’m worried now.

May 27, 2015 at 1:28 pm #344
    pkmntrainer69
    Participant

I just asked BigJohnGames on Twitter and I’m waiting for a reply.

June 2, 2015 at 10:58 am #346
    TrainerLITTLER
    Participant

Did they ever respond to you?

June 2, 2015 at 11:36 pm #347
    morpheel
    Participant

Even if they don’t force us to reset our maps, I guess that resetting survival would be the best option anyway. Since without resetting it, you wouldn’t see the new materials and natural features.

If they don’t force it, then maybe you can save your survival maps to your creative folder before resetting it.

I don’t see a need to force the user to reset the creative maps though, that would be unnecessary.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by morpheel.
    June 4, 2015 at 12:19 am #349
    pkmntrainer69
    Participant

Nope, no reply yet. Maybe they’re unsure at this time?

June 13, 2015 at 2:24 pm #354
    TrainerLITTLER
    Participant

I’m hoping we can keep our worlds.

They said they’re adding 2 whole new maps (On top of the existing 4).

Perhaps they’ll straight up add them, and the new features will be included only in them?

June 14, 2015 at 1:56 am #355
    pkmntrainer69
    Participant

According to the company’s Twitter, we’ll get the update about 4 weeks after they submit it to Nintendo. So we may still have at least a month before we get it.

June 14, 2015 at 7:16 am #356
    morpheel
    Participant

Well, they kinda made it sound like they had already summited the update to them.

June 14, 2015 at 3:53 pm #357
    pkmntrainer69
    Participant

No, they still haven’t submitted it. They said they will “quite soon” though, but who knows what that could mean.

June 17, 2015 at 9:47 am #358
    groomingabe
    Participant

Maybe they updated it so you could have more than one survival world? They said you could transfer between survival and creative, I’m sure that that means more survival worlds.

I wish there was, too. They can’t call it “Campaign” if there is no story…

June 19, 2015 at 5:44 pm #359
    pkmntrainer69
    Participant

You can already go to different worlds in survival, though.

June 20, 2015 at 3:53 pm #360
    pkmntrainer69
    Participant

More info on the update was posted:

It will be submitted to Nintendo later next week, and we’ll get it a few weeks after that.

June 25, 2015 at 9:52 am #362
    pkmntrainer69
    Participant

More info on the update. Taken straight from the developer on Miiverse:

We’re excited to finally announce that our free Cube Creator 3D V1.1 update is in lot check awaiting approval by Nintendo. The approval process typically takes 30 days. Once approved, we’re given a release date that we can pass along to you so you can update your game right away upon release.

Now, onto the exciting part: the new goodies in the update…

We’ve added two new environments which we’re calling Fantasia and Inferno; Fantasia features massive multi-colored trees sprouting from a rolling landscape, and Inferno boasts a lava-filled atmosphere surrounded by a rocky, mountainous terrain with floating basalt islands above.

The two new environs also feature new enemies which we’ll announce with screenshots very soon; they will certainly make your survival quest more challenging. With regard to blocks, we’ve added three new block types: marble, basalt (volcanic rock), and purple leaves. In Survival Mode, you’ll be able to collect these other block types: light and dark tree wood (wood planks crafted from tree wood), and coal and diamond ore (coal and diamond crafted from ore).

We’re excited about the eight new Texture Packs we’ve added in the update as well; these different texture packs will give your Cube Creator 3D experience a stunning, new makeover. We’ll reveal each of them with screen shots in the next several days, too.

We’ve got new music built into this update, too. Each world comes with a different selection of tracks.

This update also incorporates the use of ladders. Players can now ascend walls with the use of ladders, instead of having to build steps/stairs. Grass will now spread to other nearby grass in the update. Liquid cube editing is also enhanced: water and lava can be targeted/stacked/removed directly.

The performance of the game is improved with the update. Players can fly faster and add/subtract cubes faster in Creative Mode. Players can now customize their Survival Mode campaign; they can select which four worlds they’d like to explore at the start, including saved Creative environments. Players will also be able to transfer worlds between Creative and Survival Mode.

July 1, 2015 at 11:12 am #365
    squeamy _cat
    Participant

If they’re adding 2 new worlds, maybe we can just get to them from our old world portal to get new stuff? hopefully….

July 1, 2015 at 11:14 am #366
    squeamy _cat
    Participant

although, I really hope we have more than one survival and can transfer!!!! A lot!!! Plus I can’t wait till the update

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags